Field Service Technician – Dawson Creek
Join the Hi-Tech team and start your career as a Field Service Technician Today!
Hi-Tech Business Systems is looking for a permanent full-time Field Service Technician to join our team at our Dawson Creek location.
As a Field Service Technician, you will be responsible for programming, servicing, and repairing all manner of office product equipment. Set-up, delivery, and installation of equipment is also required. Previous experience is an asset but not required as we offer in-house training.
The position is Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm at our Dawson Creek location. The position also services customers in Fort St. John and Northern BC so frequent travel and some overnight stays are required.
Essential Skills – We are looking for someone with these skills to join our team:
- Tech Savvy – You are interested in the latest technology and love to solve tech-related problems. Prior copier or IT experience is an asset.
- Time Management and Prioritization – You will be responsible for scheduling the calls assigned to you. You must be able to prioritize the most urgent calls and manage your time to complete calls in an efficient manner.
- Self-Motivated and Logical Thinker – You are able to observe a problem, analyze it, and come up with possible solutions. You keep yourself on track and thrive on completing calls efficiently and thoroughly. You are comfortable working solo at client’s offices after training has been completed.
- Customer Service and Communication – You are personable and can communicate clearly and concisely with clients. You will often be required to provide assistance remotely and must be able to clearly communicate directions to clients. At Hi-Tech, we are devoted to upholding solid relationships with our clientele.
- Team Player – At Hi-Tech, we are a family, and we firmly believe in supporting our team members. We take pride in working together to defend clients from tech downtime and improving our community.
Required – We require candidates to possess the following:
- Valid Driver’s License – travel within city limits as well as out-of-town for service calls is required.
- English Language Proficiency – both written and spoken skills are essential.
- Lifting/Bending – must be able to lift 60lbs.
- Criminal Record Check – current criminal record check is required.
Offered – From an incredible team to a state-of-the-art workplace, Hi-Tech is a great place to work. We offer the following:
- Competitive Salary – Based on individual experience and performance.
- In-House Training – You will be trained by our talented team of technicians on how to service, program, and repair equipment.
- Benefits – Excellent health and dental coverage provided after 3 months of employment.
- RRSP Matching – provided after 3 months of employment.
- Paid Vacation – Provided after one year of employment.
- Vehicle or Vehicle Allowance – Because travel is required, you will be provided with a company vehicle or a monthly vehicle allowance.
- Great Place to Work – No, really! Hi-Tech was presented with an “Employee Recommended Workplace” award in 2019! We are proud of what we do and it shows.
Thank you for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please email your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Field Service Technician” or apply below.