Hi-Tech Business Systems is a family owned and operated technology company that has serviced the Peace Country Region for over 35 years. We provide practical and top-quality business solutions that save time and improve the way people conduct business. This position is Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm at our Grande Prairie office.
Responsibilities – As the Receptionist, you will be responsible for the following:
• Opening / Closing procedures- Office building & POS machines.
• Managing a professional switchboard – answering and rerouting incoming calls to the appropriate persons or departments; or forwarding messages to appropriate persons/departments.
• Assisting walk in clientele – including but not limited to collecting payment; processing equipment and generating work orders; recording equipment or products being picked up; and/or paging appropriate salespersons as needed.
• Assisting the Accounting department – posting EFTs, processing monthly credit card charges, and other tasks as trained.
Other administrative duties as required. Essential Skills – We are looking for someone with these skills to join our team!
• Professional Email and Phone Etiquette – you will be communicating with many different clients and staff in a day and must be able to always maintain professional communication. • Customer Service – You are personable and can communicate clearly and concisely with clients and staff.
• Team Player – At Hi-Tech, we are a family, and we firmly believe in supporting our team members. We take pride in working together to defend our clients against tech downtime and improving our community.
• Timeliness and Task Completion – You thrive on completing tasks from start to finish. You complete tasks in a timely manner and meet project deadlines.
• Attention to Detail and Organization – You have meticulous attention to detail and can enter information efficiently and accurately. You are comfortable organizing data in Excel.
• Ability to cross train & multitask. Required – We require a successful candidate to possess the following:
• English Language Proficiency – both written and spoken skills are essential.
• Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency — Outlook, Word, Excel, and MS Teams are used daily in this position.
Reception or customer service experience of at least 1 year Offered – From an incredible team to a state-of-the-art workplace, Hi-Tech is a great place to work.
We offer the following:
• Competitive Salary – Starting wage of $19.00/hr. negotiable based on experience and education.
• Comprehensive Training – We will fully train you on all aspects of the position. We ensure you have the support you need to succeed!
• Benefits – Excellent health and dental coverage available after 3 months of employment.
• RSP Contribution Matching – available after 3 months of employment.
• Paid Vacation – available after one year of employment.
Great Place to Work – No, really! Hi-Tech was presented with an “Employee Recommended Workplace” award in 2019 from the Globe and Mail! We are proud of what we do, and it shows. Thank you for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Benefits: • Company events • Company pension • Dental care • Disability insurance • Employee assistance program • Extended health care • Life insurance • On-site parking • Paid time off • RRSP match • Store discount Schedule: • 8 hour shift • Monday to Friday • No weekends Supplemental pay types: • Overtime pay Experience: • Administrative: 1 year (required)