Hi-Tech Business Systems is seeking a permanent full-time Desktop Support Specialist for our thriving IT Service department on a_ 1-Year contract – potential full-time after 12 months._
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to desktop infrastructure
- Interact directly with clients in person as well as via phone and email
- Assist with projects and rollouts for network clients
- Identify opportunities for hardware upgrades and equipment replacements with existing client infrastructure
- Identify opportunities for software upgrades or installs
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 2 years desktop support experience
- Post-secondary education related to IT
- Network Admin experience an asset
- Experience with Network Configuration, Switching and Firewalls
Successful candidate will:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have strong verbal and written English skills.
- Be able to demonstrate strong communication skills with client (both internal and external)
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team as well as independently.
- Be able to remain calm and work efficiently in fast paced environment with high stress situations.
- Ability to think outside the box, and come up with creative solutions on a short timeline
- On call rotation for after-hours support every 4-5 weeks
- Calgary based on-site
- Remote for Grande Prairie client support
- Possess a reliable vehicle for work and willing to travel within Calgary city limits and surrounding area(s)
Offered – From an incredible team to a state-of-the-art workplace, Hi-Tech is a great place to work. We offer the following:
- Competitive Salary – negotiable based on experience and education.
- Comprehensive Training – We will fully train you on all aspects of the position. We ensure you have the support you need to succeed!
- Car allowance – with use of personal vehicle for this position
- Great Place to Work – No, really! Hi-Tech was presented with an “Employee Recommended Workplace” award in 2019! We are proud of what we do, and it shows.
- RSP Matching – available after 3 months of employment.
- Health and Dental Benefits – after 3 months of employment.
- Paid Vacation – available after 12 months of employment.
Salary: From $68,000.00 per year